Loaded Cauliflower “Mash” BakeCourse: Side DishCuisine: American
Creamy mashed cauliflower made with a touch of whipped butter, buttermilk, garlic and herbs and topped with cheese and bacon – low-carb, but you’ll swear it’s loaded with tons of calories!
Adapted from SkinnyTaste
4 slices shortcut bacon
6 cups cauliflower florets
3 cloves garlic, crushed
⅓ cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon whipped butter
¾ teaspoon salt
Fresh black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons minced fresh chives, divided
¼ cup shredded reduced fat cheddar
- Cook the bacon in a pan until crisp; set aside on a paper towel then crumble.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic. Boil until the cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return to the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the buttermilk, whipped butter, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and purée with a hand blender. If you don’t own a hand blender, a regular blender would work fine as well.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the chives and transfer to 4 individual casseroles (3/4 cups each) or one 8 x 8 casserole dish and top with cheddar and crumbled bacon. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes then top with remaining chives.
- Adapted from: http://www.skinnytaste.com/loaded-cauliflower-mash-bake/#1xOVgzrvEf6ljmSf.99